Dates: 1858 September 9
Handwritten and signed writ of habeus corpus dated 9 September 1858. The document concerns a custody case between Amos M. Musser and Almerin Grow over Grow's daughter Amy.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.04 linear ft.) : 3 p.
- Creator: Utah. Courts (Salt Lake County)
- Call Number: MSS SC 1313
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Habeus Corpus must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 1313; Habeus Corpus; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 1313, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated in 1974.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; 1974.
- Subject Terms
- Grow, Almerin; Musser, A. Milton; Sinclair, Charles E., 1828-1887; Civil Procedure and Courts; Custody of children--Utah--History; Law--Utah--Sources; Politics, Government, and Law
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Habeus corpus
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-03-16T04:19-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
The case was heard by Charles E. Sinclair, Associate Justice of the United States Court for the Territory of Utah.
comments powered by Disqus