Handwritten and signed letter addressed to Jasper Babcock. The item is a petition by Houston to receive the needed funds to enact a bill that provides for paved sidewalks in the city of San Francisco.
- Extent: 1 item (2 leaves)
- Call Number: MSS SC 1365
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Letter must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 1365; Letter; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 1365, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Acquisition Information
- Subject Terms
- Pavements--California--San Francisco--Law and legislation; Politicians--California--San Francisco--Correspondence; Politics, Government, and Law; Public Works; San Francisco (Calif.)--History--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elisa Visick
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-04T16:50-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Resident of San Francisco involved in civic improvements and politics.
comments powered by Disqus