Angus family papers
Angus family papers
Collection includes fourteen items related to the Angus family, including letters, newspaper clippings, and a bound volume of family records. The letters are primarily correspondence between Angus family members in Utah and friends and relatives in Scotland concerning genealogical research. The newspaper clippings relate significant events in the lives of Angus family members such as births, weddings, and deaths. The bound volume, created by Robert Archibald, includes genealogies, family histories, diary entires, and records of donations made to the Mormon Church. Much of the record emphasizes the role the Mormon Church played in the lives of the various members of the family. The genealogical information contained in the collection extends from the mid-seventeenth century to the present.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Angus family
- Call Number: MSS SC 1382
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Angus family papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 1382; Angus family papers; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 1382, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Acquisition Information
- Subject Terms
- Archibald, Robert, 1810-1866--Diaries; Home and Family; Mormons--Scotland--History; Mormons--Utah--Spanish Fork--History; Social Life and Customs; Utah--Emigration and immigration--History
- Genre / Form
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.); Diaries; Genealogies; Letters
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Angus family papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Patsy Shin Hernandez
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-01-19T04:08-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mormon family who emigrated from Scotland to Utah.
comments powered by Disqus