Robert Carson letter
Robert Carson letter
Handwritten and signed letter written at Santa Fe, New Mexico and addressed to Carson's "Honored old friends" in Howard County, Missouri. Carson briefly recounts experiences and news about the war including the tremendous death toll from disease, the putting down of an "insurrection," and the activities and battles of General Alexander William Doniphan on the way to El Paso, Texas.
- Extent: 1 item (2 p.)
- Creator: Carson, Robert
- Call Number: MSS SC 1391
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Robert Carson letter must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 1391; Robert Carson letter; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 1391, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Purchased from Fred Rosenstock in 1981.
- Acquisition Information
- Purchased; Fred Rosenstock; 1981.
- Subject Terms
- Carson, Robert--Correspondence; Doniphan, Alexander William; Doniphan's Expedition, 1846-1847--Sources; Mexican War, 1846-1848; Military; Politics, Government, and Law
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Carson (Robert) letter
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elisa Visick
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-01-19T04:08-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
American soldier involved in the War with Mexico (1845-1848).
comments powered by Disqus