Photocopies of a typewritten military communique from the Allied Powers to the Japanese government probably dated August 15, 1945. The item presents some conditions as well as a procedural itinerary relative to the Japanese surrender to the Allies.
- Extent: 2 items (4 leaves)
- Creator: Supreme Commander for the Allied Powers
- Call Number: MSS SC 1397
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Communique mustbe obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 1397; Communique; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 1397, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Acquisition Information
- Subject Terms
- MacArthur, Douglas, 1880-1964; Capitulations, Military--History--Sources; Japan--History, Military--1868-1945--Sources; Politics, Government, and Law; United States--History--1933-1945--Sources; World War, 1939-1945--Japan--Treaties--Sources; World War, 1939-1945--Peace
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elisa Visick and Morgan Crockett
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-04T16:50-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Position held by General Douglas MacArthur (1880-1964) during World War Two.
comments powered by Disqus