Luke Cahill letter
Luke Cahill letter
Letter from Cahill to D.H. Bellrose, Colorado State Senator, which introduces an accompanying typescript of a letter written by Cahill to U.S. Senator John F. Shafroth in 1918 in which Cahill requests help in securing a larger pension for his services in the Indian Wars. The 1918 letter outlines Cahill's various experiences during the wars and includes a typescript of a letter written in 1913 from W.F. Cody to Cahill, thanking him for his service while they served together in 1868 and 1869. Cahill was presenting the typescript as a gift to Bellrose.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.01 linear ft.) : 6 p.
- Creator: Cahill, Luke
- Call Number: MSS SC 14
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Luke Cahill letter must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 14; Luke Cahill letter; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 14, LTPSC.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; LeRoy Hafen.
- Subject Terms
- Carson, Kit, 1809-1868; Indians of North America--Wars--1866-1895; Indians of North America--Wars--1866-1895--Personal narratives; Military; Politics, Government, and Law
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Cahill (Luke) Letter
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-03-02T04:10-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Soldier in A Company, Fifth U.S. Infantry during the Indian Wars. National Commander, Indian War Vetrans of the United States of America.
comments powered by Disqus