Milo Andrus journals
Milo Andrus journals
Photocopies of typewritten journals and genealogy of Milo Andrus who was a missionary for the mormon Church in the 19th century. A photocopy of a typed transcript of a letter addressed to Brigham Young by Andrus (1854) in which he gives an account of the Mormons in St. Louis, Missouri. Also included is a photocopy of a biography of Milo Andrus by Gary L. Pickell (1979). Andrus' diaries tell of experiences while a missionary in England during 1849, of crossing the plains from Nebraska Territory to Utah in 1861, and of the hardships he and other Mormons endured connected with travel at that time.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.03 linear ft.)
- Creator: Andrus, Milo, 1814-1893
- Call Number: MSS SC 1499
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Milo Andrus journals must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Photographs of Andrus' homes in photo archives.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 1499; Milo Andrus journals; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 1499, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Hyrum Andrus in 1979.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Hyrum Andrus; 1979.
- Subject Terms
- Andrus, Milo, 1814-1893--Diaries; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon Church--Missions--England--History; Mormon missionaries; Mormons--Missouri--Saint Louis--History; Mormons--Nebraska--History; Mormons--Utah--History
- Genre / Form
- Biography; Diaries
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Andrus (Milo) journals
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Patsy Shin Hernandez
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-03-02T04:13-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mormon pioneer who came to Utah in 1861.
comments powered by Disqus