Irvin F. Fisher diary
Irvin F. Fisher diary
Photocopy of a typescript of a handwritten diary by Irvin F. Fisher. He writes about his experiences as a missionary, describes Christmas on the Islands, gives a description of the Kilauea Volcano on the Big Island, and tells of the overthrow of the Hawaiian Queen by British and American Troops.
- Extent: 1 item (200 p.)
- Creator: Fisher, Irvin F.
- Call Number: MSS SC 1545
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Irvin F. Fisher diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 1545; Irvin F. Fisher diary; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 1545, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Hawaii--History--Sources; Religion; Hawaii Island (Hawaii)--History--Sources; Hawaii--History--Overthrow of the Monarchy, 1893--Sources; Hawaii--Politics and government--1893-1900--History--Sources; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon Church--Missions--Hawaii; Mormons--Hawaii--History--Sources; Volcanoes--Hawaii--History--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Fisher (Irvin F.) diary
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Morgan Crockett
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-04T16:56-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mormon missionary to the Hawaiian Island from 1890 to 1894.
comments powered by Disqus