Printer's proofs, a rough draft, and newsletters. These include a printer's proof of "Tiger Jack" and a photocopy of printer's proofs with handwritten corrections superimposed on each. Also included is a typewritten rough draft of "Division Commander: Study of a leader, 'P' Wood and the 4th Armored Division," and newsletters (1973-1974) describing the history of the division during World War II.
- Extent: 4 items (circa 400 leaves)
- Creator: Baldwin, Hanson Weightman, 1903-1991. -- Wood, John Shirley, 1888-1966
- Call Number: MSS SC 1589
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Tiger Jack must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 1589; Tiger Jack; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 1589, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Old Army Press in 1979.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Old Army Press; 1979.
- Subject Terms
- United States. Army. Armored Division, 4th; United States. Army--History--World War, 1939-1945; Generals--United States--Biography; Military; Politics, Government, and Law; World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--France
- Genre / Form
- Biography--19th century; Biography--20th century; Histories
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Tiger Jack
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Morgan Crockett
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-02-09T04:09-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Author, journalist, and lieutenant in the U.S. Navy. He received the Pulitzer Prize in 1942.
comments powered by Disqus