William Burton journal
William Burton journal
Bound, typewritten, carbon copy of William Burton's journal (1841-1851), which includes extracts from Joseph Wood's journal (1839-1840). The record gives a detailed account of the journey to Utah with Brigham Young and Heber C. Kimball in 1848, missionary experiences, and some family genealogy.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.09 linear ft.) : (116 leaves)
- Creator: Burton, William, 1809-1851
- Call Number: MSS SC 1643
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from William Burton journal must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 1643; William Burton journal; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 1643, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Church Archives in 1980.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Church Archives; 1980.
- Subject Terms
- Burton, William, 1809-1851--Diaries; Kimball, Heber C. (Heber Chase), 1801-1868; Wood, Joseph, fl. 1840; Young, Brigham, 1801-1877; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon missionaries; Mormon pioneers; Mormons--Scotland--History; Mormons--United States--History
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Burton (William) journal
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-04-06T04:11-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
English convert to the Mormon Church who served missions for the church in Illinois, Ohio, Canada, Michigan, and Scotland.
comments powered by Disqus