Joseph Smith letter
Joseph Smith letter
Photocopy of a handwritten letter, dated 11 June 1829, and addressed to the Northern Judicial District of New York, R. R. Lansing, clerk. The item claims copyright for the Book of Mormon and describes its content and authorship.
- Extent: 1 item (1 p.) (0.08 linear ft.)
- Creator: Smith, Joseph, 1805-1844
- Call Number: MSS SC 173
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Joseph Smith letter must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 173; Joseph Smith letter; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 173, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated in 1974.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; 1974.
- Subject Terms
- Book of Mormon--Authorship--History; Church Government; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Religion; Mormon Church--Presidents--Correspondence
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Smith (Joseph) letter
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elisa Visick
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-04T16:59-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
First president of the Mormon Church.
comments powered by Disqus