Thomas Jackson diary
Thomas Jackson diary
Photocopy of handwritten journal written while Jackson was a missionary for the Mormon Church in England. The record includes genealogical information about the Jackson family and various recipes for household products.
- Extent: 1 item (72 leaves)
- Creator: Jackson, Thomas, 1823-1883
- Call Number: MSS SC 1783
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Thomas Jackson diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 1783; Thomas Jackson diary; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 1783, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Mrs. Thomas Jackson in 1980.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Mrs. Thomas Jackson; 1980.
- Subject Terms
- Jackson family; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Manchester (England)--Genealogies; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon Church--Missions--England--History; Mormons--England--Manchester--History--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Jackson (Thomas) diary
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elisa Visick
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-04T16:59-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mormon missionary in England.
comments powered by Disqus