Foreword to a life story
Foreword to a life story
Photocopy of a handwritten autobiography of John L. Seymour who taught at Sacramento Junior College for 24 years, produced and directed many plays, composed operas and chamber music. He later moved to Cedar City, Utah after the death of his mother and established a memorial library for her at Southern Utah State College. He discusses the operas he wrote and describes his philosophy of life.
- Extent: 1 folder
- Creator: Seymour, John Laurence, 1893
- Call Number: MSS SC 1819
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Restricted until 2010 A.D.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Materials were left in original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Foreword to a life story must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 1819; Foreword to a life story; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 1819, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by John L. Seymour in 1980.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; John L. Seymour; 1980.
- Subject Terms
- Southern Utah State College.; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Cedar City (Utah)--History--Sources; Colleges and Universities; Composers--California--Sacramento--History--Sources; Education; Educators--California--Sacramento--History--Sources; Librettists--West (U.S.)--History--Sources; Mormons--Utah--Cedar City--History--Sources; Music; Opera--Biography
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Foreword to a life story
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Melissa Stephens
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-04T17:02-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Educator, producer/director, and composer of opera scores, who joined the Mormon Church later in life.
comments powered by Disqus