Microfilm copy of a handwritten diary covering the years from 1867 to 1869. Also included are notes and Grover family patriarchal blessings dating to 1912. Also in the collection are two cassette sound tapes and a partial typed transcription of the diary covering the years from 1867 to 1869. The item tells about Grover's experiences as a missionary for the Mormon Church in England.
- Extent: 58 leaves (0.08 linear ft.)(2 cassette sound tapes). -- 1 reel (microfilm)
- Creator: Grover, Joel, 1849-1886
- Call Number: MSS SC 1832
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Microfilm copy is open without restriction. Access to original materials with permission from the supervisor of reference services.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 1832; Diary; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 1832, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by the Church Historical Department in 1981.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Church Historical Department; 1981.
- Separated Material
- Microfilm located at 11/19/B/6. See SCM 1330.
- Subject Terms
- Grover, Joel, 1849-1886; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon Church--Missions--England--History--Sources; Mormons--England--History--Sources; Mormons--Missionary experiences--England
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-04T17:02-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mormon businessman, missionary, territorial legislator, and stake president of the Juab Stake in Nephi, Utah for the Mormon Church.
comments powered by Disqus