Dates: circa 1880-circa 1950
Typewritten biographies and an autobiography. The items relate incidents in the lives of various family members. The autobiography is by Tamma Durfee Miner who writes about her conversion to the Mormon Church; experiences as a Mormon in Ohio, Missouri, and Illinois; migration to Utah; and settling in Springville, Utah.
- Extent: 5 items (ca. 50 p.)
- Call Number: MSS SC 184
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Biographies must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 184; Biographies; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 184, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Wilford H. Payne in 1976.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Wilford H. Payne; 1976.
- Subject Terms
- Carter, Dominicus, 1806-1884; Carter, Hannah Knight Libby, 1786-1867; Curtis, Enos, 1783-1856; Miner, Tamma Durfee, 1813-1885; Immigration and American Expansion; Mormon pioneers; Mormon women--History--Sources; Mormons--Biography; Pioneers
- Genre / Form
- Autobiographies; Biography
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elisa Visick
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-04T17:02-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
comments powered by Disqus