Copies of revelations
The new site is available at http://archives.lib.byu.edu
Copies of revelations
Two handwritten booklets. One booklet is a list of people which were persecuted and imprisoned for polygamy in Utah and Idaho. The other item includes copies of a "revelation" (26 Jan. 1880) by the Mormon Apostle, Wilford Woodruff, concerning obedience to the Mormon Church and an excerpt from his journal on the dedication of the St. George Temple in 1877; a list of 28 women believed to have been "sealed" to Joseph Smith (1805-1844); "testimonies" of Mormon Church members; a "revelation" (13 Oct. 1882) by the Mormon Apostle, John Taylor, relating to the Mormon priesthood; a "vision" by Newman Bulkley (8 Jan. 1886) about the desctruction of the United States and a civil war between the Mormons and the United States; and a list of work completed in the St. George Temple.
- Extent: 3 folders
- Creator: Bulkley, Newman, 1817-1893. -- Farnsworth, Moses Franklin , b. 1834. -- Taylor, John, 1808-1887. -- Woodruff, Wilford, 1807-1898
- Call Number: MSS SC 1857
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public access.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Left in original order.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Copies of revelations must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 1857; Copies of revelations; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 1857, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Raymond B. Farnsworth in 1981.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Raymond B. Farnsworth; 1981.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Apostles; Smith, Joseph, 1805-1844; Church Government; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Religion; Mormon temples; Polygamy--Religious aspects--Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Private revelations
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Copies of revelations
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Melissa Stephens
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-04T17:02-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mormon genealogist, temple recorder, and member of the Utah Militia.
comments powered by Disqus