H. H. Cluff diary
H. H. Cluff diary
Handwritten diary by Harvey H. Cluff. Cluff records events relating to his church activities. He talks about church talks, church courts, and reactions to the activities of federal officials who were pursuing Mormons because of the practice of polygamy. Cluff presents copies of letters written by Mormon Church leaders and gives an account of his arrest for polygamy on 30 April 1887.
- Extent: 1 v. (144 p.)(0.07 linear ft.)
- Creator: Cluff, H. H. (Harvey Harris), 1836-1916
- Call Number: MSS SC 1946
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from H.H. Cluff diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 1946; H.H. Cluff diary; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 1946, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- Mormons--Utah--History; Church officers--Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Correspondence; Church Government; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Religion; Provo (Utah)--History; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--History; Cluff, H. H. (Harvey Harris), 1836-1916--Diaries
- Genre / Form
- Letters; Diaries
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Cluff (H. H.) diary
- Finding Aid Author
- Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-09-28 10:47:48 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
H.H. Cluff (1836-1916) was a Mormon banker and businessman. He served in numerous callings for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, including president of the mission in Hawaii and counselor in the presidency of the Utah Stake.
comments powered by Disqus