William Snow letter
William Snow letter
Handwritten letter addressed to "bishop" George Henry Crosby of Hebron and to other Mormon bishops of Washington County, Utah. Snow talks about the problems with driving cattle and with wild cattle in the area.
- Extent: 1 item (2 p.)(0.01 linear ft.)
- Creator: Snow, William, 1806-1879
- Call Number: MSS SC 1948
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from William Snow letter must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 1948; William Snow letter; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 1948, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Purchased through Steve Barnett in 1982.
- Acquisition Information
- Purchased; Steve Barnett; 1982.
- Subject Terms
- Crosby, George Henry, 1846-1916; Cattle--Utah--Washington County--History--Sources; Correspondence; Material Types; Washington County (Utah)--History--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Snow (William) letter
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-04T17:03-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mormon bishop and patriarch, pioneer, and probate judge.
comments powered by Disqus