John Evans diary
John Evans diary
Typescripts of diary and an autobiography. In his 1881 diary, Evans describes his activities as a Mormon missionary in Wales. In his personal history, he writes about his conversion to the Mormon faith in Great Britain, his migration to Utah, and his experiences in Brigham City, Utah.
- Extent: 5 folders (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Evans, John, 1829
- Call Number: MSS SC 1951
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from John Evans diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 1951; John Evans diary; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 1951, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon Church--Missions--Wales--History; Mormons--Great Britain--History; Mormons--Utah--Brigham City--History; Mormon missionaries--Wales--History; Wales--Description and travel; Brigham City (Utah)--History; Evans, John, 1829-; Evans, John, 1829---Diaries; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--Great Britain
- Genre / Form
- Diaries; Autobiographies; Typescripts
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Evans (John) diary
- Finding Aid Author
- Jeffrey Mahas
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-02-02 13:48:28 -0700.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
John Evans (born 1829) was a Mormon pioneer, missionary, and a member of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir who settled in Brigham City, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus