Deseret News lists
Deseret News lists
Handwritten record of items purchased by the Deseret News in Fillmore, Utah at the store of Samuel Pierce Hoyt (1807-1889). Also included is a list of persons paid by the Deseret News for work completed. Some of the entries are believed to have been written by George Q. Cannon, the Mormon apostle.
- Extent: 2 items (8 p.)(0.02 linear ft.)
- Creator: Cannon, George Q. (George Quayle), 1827-1901. -- Deseret News (Firm)
- Call Number: MSS SC 1952
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Deseret News lists must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 1952; Deseret News lists; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 1952, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- Hoyt, Samuel Pierce, 1807-1889; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Fillmore (Utah)--History--Sources; Journalism; Mormons--Utah--Fillmore--History--Sources; Newspapers--Utah--History--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Deseret News lists
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-04T17:04-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Newspaper owned by the Mormon Church.
comments powered by Disqus