Milton H. Hardy diaries
Milton H. Hardy diaries
Two handwritten diaries and pasted in newsclippings. Many diary entries were made in short hand. The newsclippings relate to Hardy's discussions of religion and educational matters and to his attempts to harmonize religion and science. Hardy travelled through Europe in 1875 and was active in Utah educational matters upon his return.
- Extent: 2 v. (300 p.)
- Creator: Hardy, Milton H., 1844-1905
- Call Number: MSS SC 1998
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Milton H. Hardy diaries must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 1998; Milton H. Hardy diaries; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 1998, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Peter Crawley in 1982.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Peter Crawley; 1982.
- Subject Terms
- Brigham Young Academy--History--Sources; Hardy, Milton H., 1844-1905; Colleges and Universities; Education; Education--Utah--History--Sources; Educators--Utah--Provo--History--Sources; Europe--Description and travel; Mormons--Utah--Provo--History--Sources; Provo (Utah)--History--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hardy (Milton H.) diaries
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elisa Visick
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-04T17:04-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mormon Church leader, educator, and medical doctor. He was an assistant to Karl G. Maeser from 1876-1883 at Brigham Young Academy and Utah county physician.
comments powered by Disqus