Hester Telle Richards diary
Hester Telle Richards diary
Materials include Hester Telle Richards diary which she started in 1886 when she was eighteen and apparently living in Monroe, Utah and kept it in August and September of that year. Also included are miscellaneous notes and observations including class notes from a geography course. Dated 1886-1901.
- Extent: 2 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Richards, Hester Telle, 1870-1936
- Call Number: MSS SC 2008
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Alternative Format
- Digital version of materials available online and on M-disc in folder 2.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Hester Telle Richards diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.
- For the online images, starting at Image 79, digital images differ slightly from the original journal for viewers to be able to read entries in chronological order. This required rotating and renumbering some of the pages. The physical journal was filled out upside down and written backwards, starting on the second-to-last page of the journal.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 2008; Hester Telle Richards diary; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 2008, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Ivan J. Barrett in 1981.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Ivan J. Barrett; 1981.
- Subject Terms
- Home and Family; Social Life and Customs; Monroe (Utah)--History; Mormon women--Utah--Monroe--History; Logan (Utah)--History; Mormon women--Utah--Logan--History; Richards, Hester Telle, 1870-1936--Diaries; Cannon, George Q. (George Quayle), 1827-1901
- Genre / Form
- Notes; Diaries
- Processing Information
- Processed; Benjamin Sipes, 2010.
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts collection development policy 1.V, November 2013).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Richards (Hester Telle) diary
- Finding Aid Author
- Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2018-09-18 11:47:50 -0600.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Hester Telle Richards (1872-1936) was the daughter of George Q. Cannon an apostle in the Mormon Church.
Hester Telle Cannon was born on February 16, 1872, in Salt Lake City, Utah, to George Quayle Cannon and Martha Telle. She married Daniel Brigham Hill Richards on September 3, 1902. Hester Telle Richards died on October 26, 1936, in Salt Lake City, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus