Arthur Gaeth papers
Arthur Gaeth papers
Typescript of an oral history, newspaper clippings, articles, correspondence, periodicals, and miscellaneous items. Most of the items were written by Gaeth as part of his broadcasting and journalism careers. The oral history is an interview conducted by Ronald G. Watt in 1976 as part of the James Moyle Oral History Program of the Historical Department of the Mormon Church. This interview largely relates to Gaeth's missionary activities in Europe.
- Extent: 4 folders
- Creator: Gaeth, Arthur, 1905-1984
- Call Number: MSS SC 2017
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Arthur Gaeth papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 2017; Arthur Gaeth papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 2017, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Arthur Gaeth in 1982.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Arthur Gaeth; 1982.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Czechoslovakia. History.--Sources; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Missions. Czechoslovakia. History..--Sources; Gaeth, Arthur, 1905-1984; Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Bankers--Colorado--Denver--History--Sources; Religion; Czechoslovakia--History--1918-1938--Sources.; Denver (Colo.)--History--Sources; Journalism; Journalists--Colorado--Denver--History--Sources; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon missionaries--Czechoslovakia--History--Sources; Mormons--Colorado--Denver--History--Sources; Mormons--Czech Republic--History--Sources
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Gaeth (Arthur) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Melissa Stephens
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:27-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Arthur Gaeth (1905-1984) was a Mormon missionary, author, broadcaster, journalist, and banker. Gaeth served in the German-Austrian Mission from 1926 to 1929 and as president of the mission in Czechoslovakia from 1929 to 1936 for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
comments powered by Disqus