William Howard diary
William Howard diary
Typewritten copy of a diary. Howard relates his daily acitvities, primarily regarding his businesses.
- Extent: 1 item (40 leaves)
- Creator: Howard, William, 1815-1890
- Call Number: MSS SC 2028
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from William Howard diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 2028; William Howard diary; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 2028, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Glenda Jensen in 1982.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Glenda Jensen; 1982.
- Subject Terms
- Holladay (Utah)--History--Sources; Home and Family; Irish Americans--Utah--History--Sources; Iron industry and trade--Utah--History--Sources; Mormons--Utah--Holliday--History--Sources; Mormons--Utah--Salt Lake City--History--Sources; Real estate management--Utah--History--Sources; Salt Lake City (Utah)--History--Sources; Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Howard (William Howard)
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Morgan Crockett
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:27-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mormon who was born in Dublin, Ireland. He was a pioneer, missionaryto England and Ireland (1868-1869) for the Mormon Church, real estate manager, and operator of an iron foundry. He lived in Salt lake City and Holliday, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus