John L. Hunt papers
John L. Hunt papers
Collection includes correspondence, deeds, receipts, miscellaneous items, and typescripts of two oral histories. One interview was with John Hunt and was conducted by Mary Rusher for the Utah Historical Society Oral History Program on 16 July 1973. The other interview was with John Hunt and his wife, Grace, and was conducted by Samuel Moon on 17 July 1975. Most of the items deal primarily with John Hunt's business activities, while the oral histories relate to the history of the Blanding, Utah area and to relations with the Navajo Indians.
- Extent: 2 folders (0.16 linear ft.)
- Creator: Hunt, John L. (John Laray), 1902-1998. -- Moon, Samuel. -- Rusher, Mary. -- Utah State Historical Society
- Call Number: MSS SC 2076
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from John L. Hunt papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 2076; John L. Hunt papers; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 2076, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by John and Grace Hunt in 1982.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; John and Grace Hunt; 1982.
- Subject Terms
- Hunt, Grace; Hunt, John L. (John Laray), 1902-1998; Blanding (Utah)--History--Sources; Business, Industry, Labor, and Commerce; Mormons--Utah--Blanding--History--Sources; Navajo Indians--Utah--History--Sources; Retail Trade; Trading posts--Utah
- Genre / Form
- Deeds; Interviews; Letters; Oral histories; Receipts (Acknowledgments)
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hunt (John L.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elisa Visick
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:27-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
John L. Hunt (1902-1998) was a Mormon businessman and owner of a "trading post" in Blanding, Utah which deals in Indian crafts.
comments powered by Disqus