W. Medieo letters
W. Medieo letters
Handwritten copybook letters apparently signed by W. Medieo and addressed to Brigham Young and William H. Hooper. The letter addressed to Brigham Young informs him that his account has been adjusted for the fiscal year 1856-57 with the Treasury. The item addressed to Hooper relates to his application to be the acting "Secretary Pro tem" of Utah.
- Extent: 2 letter (4 p.)(0.01 linear ft.)
- Creator: Medieo, W.
- Call Number: MSS SC 2111
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from W. Medieo letters must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 2111; W. Medieo letters; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 2111, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Purchased through Warren Anderson in 1983.
- Acquisition Information
- Purchased; Warren Anderson; 1983.
- Subject Terms
- Hooper, W. H. (William Henry), 1813-1882; Young, Brigham, 1801-1877; Correspondence; Governors--Utah--Correspondence; Material Types; Mormons--Utah--History--Sources; Politics, Government, and Law; Territorial Government
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Medieo (W.) letters
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:28-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
U.S. Treasury official.
comments powered by Disqus