Film includes three collections: Nauvoo court records; Eudocia Marsh's Mormons in Hancock County : a Reminiscence; and the Strangite Papers, 1851-1963.
- Extent: 22 items (on 1 microfilm reel)
- Call Number: MSS SC 212
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Marsh collection for reference only; permission necessary for reproduction.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Location of Originals
- The original manuscript of Marsh's work is housed at Knox College, Monmouth, Illinois.
- Alternative Format
- Microfilm. Provo, Utah : Brigham Young University Libraries, 1933 November 21. 1 microfilm reel. 35 mm.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 212; Records; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 212, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated in 1974.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; 1974.
- Other Finding Aids
- Inventories for each of the three collections are located in the archives and the Special Collections reference area.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ (Strangites)--History; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Illinois--History; Flanders, Robert Bruce, 1930-; Ford, A.; Furgeson, Leonard J.; Hickey, L. D. (Lorenzo Dow), 1817-1897; Lewis, Grace; Marsh, Eudora Baldwin. Mormons in Hancock County; McNutt, James O.; Post, Warren, 1811-1875; Smith, Joseph, 1805-1844; Strang, Elizabeth; Strang, James Jesse, 1813-1856; Watson, Wingfield, 1828-1922; Willis, Cliff Davis; Civil Procedure and Courts; Mormon Church--Controversial literature; Nauvoo (Ill.)--History; Politics, Government, and Law
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elisa Visick
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:28-0600
- Finding Aid Language
comments powered by Disqus