Ray F. Brown speech
Ray F. Brown speech
One typewritten letter, one reprint from "The Presbyterian Tribune" (Nov. 1940), and one handwritten note addressed to "My dear Fitzroy." The typewritten letter contains the typescript of an address given by Ray F. Brown before the Hymn Society of America and is titled "Organ Accompaniment For Congregational Hymn Singing." Brown complains about the "two of the main deterrents to congregational singing."
- Extent: 3 items (8 leaves)
- Creator: Brown, Ray F.
- Call Number: MSS SC 2122
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Ray F. Brown speech must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 2122; Ray F. Brown speech; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 2122, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by George Fitzroy in 1983.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; George Fitzroy; 1983.
- Subject Terms
- General Theological Seminary (New York, N.Y.); Hymns, English--History; Protestantism; Religion
- Genre / Form
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Brown (Ray F.) speech
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elisa Visick
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:28-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Instructor in Church Music at the General Theological Seminary in New York.
comments powered by Disqus