C.W. Carter papers
C.W. Carter papers
Dates: circa 1870
Collection consists of a bound volume of handwritten notes. Carter describes various areas of Utah and presents short biographies of Mormon leaders. He also includes short notes on his photography business.
- Extent: 1 v. (ca. 100 pages)
- Creator: Carter, C. W.
- Call Number: MSS SC 2128
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from C. W. Carter papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 2128; C. W. Carter papers; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 2128, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Mrs. Helen Monson in 1983.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Mrs. Helen Monson; 1983.
- Subject Terms
- City and Town Life; Photographers--Utah--History--Sources; Social Life and Customs; Utah--Description and travel
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Carter (C. W.) papers
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elisa Visick
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:28-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Charles William Carter (1832-1918) was a Mormon photographer in Salt Lake City, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus