Mervyn Sharp Bennion
Mervyn Sharp Bennion
Dates: circa 1960
Typewritten biography of Mervyn Bennion. Mervyn was born and raised in Vernon, Utah, attended the U.S. Naval Academy, and served as an officer in the U.S. Navy. He was the Captain on board the U.S.S. West Virginiaat Pearl Harbor on Dec. 7, 1941. He was killed in the attack.
- Extent: 1 v. (20 p.)(0.03 linear ft.)
- Creator: Bennion, Howard S. (Howard Sharp), 1889-1971
- Call Number: MSS SC 2138
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Mervyn Sharp Bennion must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 2138; Mervyn Sharp Bennion; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 2138, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated in 1983.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; 1983.
- Subject Terms
- Bennion, Mervyn Sharp, 1887-1941; Military; Mormons--Utah--Vernon--Biography; Navies--United States--Officers--Biography; Politics, Government, and Law; Ship captains--United States--Biography; Vernon (Utah)--History
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Bennion (Mervyn Sharp)
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:28-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mormon author, soldier, engineer, and administrator.
comments powered by Disqus