Frederick Cooke diary
Frederick Cooke diary
Photocopies of a handwritten diary including some introductory notes by Frederick Cooke's granddaughter Alice Cooke Zabriskie in 1954. The diary covers the years 1838 to 1842. Frederick describes his conversion to the Mormon Church and his missionary experiences in Wales.
- Extent: 1 v. (ca. 50 leaves)
- Creator: Cooke, Frederick, 1812-1891
- Call Number: MSS SC 2165
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Frederick Cooke diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 2165; Frederick Cooke diary; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 2165, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Mona Hall in 1984.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Mona Hall; 1984.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon Church--Missions--Wales--History; Mormons--Great Britain--History--Sources; Mormons--Missionary experiences--Wales--History; Mormons--Wales--History--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Cooke (Frederick) diary
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elisa Visick
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:28-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Convert to and missionary of the Mormon Church in Great Britain.
comments powered by Disqus