Wilson Law letter
Wilson Law letter
Photocopy of a handwritten letter dated Sept. 30, 1840 and a typescript of the item. Law writes to Thomas Carlin, "Commanding Officer," requesting that various arms be sent to his company.
- Extent: 1 item (1 p.)(+ 1 typescript)(0.01 linear ft.)
- Creator: Law, Wilson
- Call Number: MSS SC 2201
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Wilson Law letter must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 2201; Wilson Law letter; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 2201, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Reg Campbell in 1984.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Reg Campbell; 1984.
- Subject Terms
- Carlin, Thomas, 1789-1852; Illinois. Militia. Nauvoo Legion--History; Illinois. Militia--History; Military; Mormons--Illinois--Nauvoo--History; Nauvoo (Ill.)--History; Politics, Government, and Law
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Law (Wilson) letter
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-01-05T04:09-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mormon captain in the Illinois Militia in Nauvoo, Illinois.
comments powered by Disqus