Aaron Bliss letters
Aaron Bliss letters
Handwritten letters addressed to Samuel Moore, a Mormon living in Iowa and Nauvoo, Illinois. The items were sent from Missouri and from Louisiana. Bliss writes of family and personal matters. He asks about how the Mormons are doing and expresses a desire to visit Moore in Nauvoo.
- Extent: 10 items (36 p.)(0.04 linear ft.)
- Creator: Bliss, Aaron
- Call Number: MSS SC 2221
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Aaron Bliss letters must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 2221; Aaron Bliss letters; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 2221, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Patricia Hall Lott in 1984.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Patricia Hall Lott; 1984.
- Subject Terms
- Moore, Samuel, fl. 1845; Farmers--Missouri--Correspondence; Home and Family; Missouri--History--Sources; Mormons--Illinois--Nauvoo--History; Nauvoo (Ill.)--History; Social Life and Customs
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Bliss (Aaron) letters
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:29-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
comments powered by Disqus