Perrin Bliss letters
Perrin Bliss letters
Handwritten letters written from Chicago, Illinois and addressed to "Brother and Sister" Samuel and Eunice Moore, Mormons living in Utah. Bliss writes about family matters, the weather, the state and national economies, slavery, and Mormon polygamy. Bliss states that the Mormons should not practice slavery and that polygamy will not work.
- Extent: 7 items (26 p.)(0.03 linear ft.)
- Creator: Bliss, Perrin
- Call Number: MSS SC 2222
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Perrin Bliss letters must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 2222; Perrin Bliss letters; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 2222, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Patricia Hall Lott in 1984.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Patricia Hall Lott; 1984.
- Subject Terms
- Bliss family; Moore, Samuel, fl. 1845; Businessmen--Illinois--Chicago--Correspondence; Chicago (Ill.)--History--Sources; Material Types; Polygamy--Religious aspects--Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--History--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Bliss (Perrin) letters
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:29-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Resident of Chicago, Illinois.
comments powered by Disqus