Asa S. Calkins diary
Asa S. Calkins diary
Holograph diary which contains blessings given to Calkins in 1850, experiences as a worker in the Mission home and as Mission President, letters received from Brigham Young and family, and letters sent to Brigham Young and family. A short biography is included with the diary.
- Extent: 1 item (238 p.)(0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Calkins, Asa S. (Asa Stanley), 1809-1873
- Call Number: MSS SC 226
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84606; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Materials are in English.
- Technical Requirements
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Asa S. Calkins diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 226; Asa S. Calkins diary; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 26, LTPSC
- Custodial History
- Donated in 1974.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; 1974.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Great Britain--History; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--Missions--Great Britain; Young, Brigham, 1801-1877; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon Church--History--19th century; Mormon missionaries; Mormon missionaries--Great Britain
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (19th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Calkins (Asa S.) diary
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2010-10-05T08:29-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Latter-day Saint Church British Mission President, 1857-1860.
comments powered by Disqus