Joseph Smith deed
Joseph Smith deed
Typescript of a deed and items which verify its validity. The materials document Smith's purchase of land in the town of Harmony in Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.01 linear ft.) : 2 p.
- Creator: Smith, Joseph, Jr., 1805-1844
- Call Number: MSS SC 2310
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Joseph Smith deed must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 2310; Joseph Smith deed; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 2310, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Rowen Palmer in 1985.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Rowen Palmer; 1985.
- Subject Terms
- Church Government; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Religion; Harmony (Susquehanna County, Pa. : Township)--History; Mormon Church--Presidents--History; Mormons--Pennsylvania--Harmony (Susquehanna County : Township)--History
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Smith (Joseph) deed
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elisa Visick
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-03-16T04:21-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Founder and first president of the Mormon Church.
comments powered by Disqus