L. P. Hartley letter
L. P. Hartley letter
Dates: 1941 September 8
Handwritten letter dated 8 Sept. 1941 and addressed to Norah Hoult (1901-1984), an Irish writer. Hartley had written a review of a novel "Smilin' on the Vine" by Hoult in which he was somewhat critical of the work. Hartley responds to a letter from Hoult and essentially concedes that some of his criticisms were overstated.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.01 linear ft.)
- Creator: Hartley, L. P. (Leslie Poles), 1895-1972
- Call Number: MSS SC 2317
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from L.P. Hartley letter must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 2317; L.P. Hartley letter; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 2317, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Acquisition Information
- Subject Terms
- Hoult, Norah, 1898-1984; Authors, English--Correspondence; Authors, Irish--Correspondence; Material Types
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hartley (L. P.) letter
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Patsy Shin Hernandez
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-03-16T04:07-0600
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
English novelist, short-story writer, and critic.
comments powered by Disqus