Ernest H. Burgess diary
Ernest H. Burgess diary
Handwritten diary kept by Ernest Burgess and by his wife, Donna Miles Burgess. Ernest writes about his missionary experiences in Germany and about his life in Roosevelt, Utah. Donna Burgess continues the account of life in Roosevelt until 1959. Many of the entries are long and detailed, but there are many lengthy gaps in the record.
- Extent: 1 volume (567 p.)
- Creator: Burgess, Ernest H. (Ernest Hungate), 1884-1931
- Call Number: MSS SC 2333
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Ernest H. Burgess diary must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 2333; Ernest H. Burgess diary; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 2333, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by Miles Burgess in 1985.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Miles Burgess; 1985.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon Church--Missions--History--Germany; Mormons--Utah--Roosevelt--History; Mormon missionaries--Germany; Roosevelt (Utah)--History--Sources; County attorneys--Utah--Wasatch County--History--Sources; Wasatch County (Utah)--History; Educators--Utah--Wasatch County--History--Sources; Burgess, Ernest H. (Ernest Hungate), 1884-1931; Burgess, Ernest H. (Ernest Hungate), 1884-1931--Diaries; Burgess, Donna V. (Donna Viola), 1883-1959
- Genre / Form
- Electronic books; Diaries
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Burgess (Ernest H.) diary
- Finding Aid Author
- Elisa Visick
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-01-13 20:16:23 -0700.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Ernest H. Burgess (1884-1931) was a native of Pine Valley, Utah, Mormon missionary who served in Germany from 1904 to 1907, and bishop of the Roosevelt First Ward, Roosevelt Stake, Utah for the Mormon Church. He was also an educator and a deputy county attorney of Wasatch County, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus