Sybern van Dyk diaries
Sybern van Dyk diaries
Bound photocopies of handwritten diaries. The journals were kept while van Dyk served as a mission president in Holland in 1871-4 and 1880-2. He documents his activities while serving in that capacity.
- Extent: 2 v. (ca. 150 leaves)
- Creator: Dyk, Sybren Van, 1827-1899
- Call Number: MSS SC 2555
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Sybern van Dyk diaries must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 2555; Sybern van Dyk; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 2555, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Purchased from Michael Ginsbery in 1985.
- Acquisition Information
- Purchased; Micheal Ginsbery; 1985.
- Subject Terms
- Dyk, Sybren Van, 1827-1899--Diaries; Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Religion; Dutch Americans--Utah--History--Sources; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon Church--Missions--Netherlands; Mormon missionaries--Netherlands--History; Mormons--Netherlands--History--Sources; Netherlands--Church history--19th century--Sources
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Dyk (Sybern van) diaries
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elisa Visick
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-01-12T04:15-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Dutch convert to the Mormon Church in 1862 who migrated to Utah in 1869 and served as mission president for that church in Holland from 1871 to 1874 and from 1880 to 1882. He also translated Mormon missionary tracts into Dutch. He lived in Ogden and later in Loa, Utah.
comments powered by Disqus