Edward Everett letters
Edward Everett letters
Handwritten and signed letters. Many of these items were also written by Charles Everett. In three instances letters written by Edward and Charles are found on the same sheet of paper. The materials were written in Carthage, Illinois and addressed to Samuel W. Everett. Charles was a sergeant and Edward was a lieutenant in the Quincy Reflemen militia unit. Most of the items deal with activities by the militia in relation to the Mormons in Nauvoo, Illinois, including attempts to arrest Mormon Church leaders.
- Extent: 10 items (18 p.)(0.03 linear ft.)
- Creator: Everett, Charles, fl. 1845. -- Everett, Edward, 1818-1903
- Call Number: MSS SC 2575
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Edward Everett letters must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 2575; Edward Everett letters; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 2575, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- Everett, Samuel W.; Illinois. Militia. Quincy Riflemen--History; Military; Mormon Church--Apostles--History; Mormons--Illinois--Nauvoo--History; Nauvoo (Ill.)--History; Politics, Government, and Law
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Everett (Edward) letters
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-01-12T04:15-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
American mechanic, engineer, and soldier who served in the Quincy Riflemen militia in Illinois and later participated in the Mexican War (1845-1848).
comments powered by Disqus