Chauncy D. Harris interview
Chauncy D. Harris interview
Comments on his early life and on the influence of his father, Franklin S. Harris, president of Brigham Young University (BYU). Also comments on attendance at the following institutions of higher learning: BYU, 1930-1934; University of Chicago, 1933, 1934, and 1937-1939; Oxford University, 1934-1936; London School of Economics, 1936-1937; and Kent State University, 1937. Includes comments on his early interest in geography, some of his teachers at BYU and the University of Chicago, and his receipt of a Rhodes Scholarship in 1934. Interview recorded by Christopher Kimball as part of a University of Chicago Oral History Project. Includes a table of contents.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.) : 35 leaves ; 28 cm
- Creator: Harris, Chauncy D. (Chauncy Dennison), 1914-2003. -- Kimball, Christopher
- Call Number: MSS SC 2945
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Chauncy D. Harris inverview, Chicago, Illinois must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 2945; Chauncy D. Harris interview; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 2945, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Chauncy Harris's niece, Janet Jenson, gave this item to Scott Duvall, chairman of the Department of Special Collections and Manuscripts in the Lee Library at BYU, in about January 1998. Scott gave it to Brian Reeves, University Archivist, on 7 August 1998. It appears that this interview was part of a larger oral history; it is identified as "No. 1" in the table of contents.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Janet Jenson; 1998.
- Subject Terms
- Harris, Franklin Stewart, 1884-1960; London School of Economics and Political Science--Students; University of Chicago--Faculty; University of Chicago--Students; University of Oxford--Students; Colleges and Universities; Education; Geography
- Genre / Form
- Oral histories; Photocopies; Typescripts
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Harris (Chauny D.) interview, Chicago, Illinois
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elisa Visick
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-03-02T04:04-0700
- Finding Aid Language
comments powered by Disqus