Orson Hyde letter
Orson Hyde letter
Dates: 1869 May 26
A letter by Orson Hyde, dated Springtown, May 26, 1869, concerning a republication of his 1842 pamphlet containing information about his mission to Jerusalem. Also, a list of subscribers from the Salt Lake City 9th Ward, Bishop Samuel Woolley's ward, for Hyde's pamphlet. Handwritten letter by Orson Hyde, handwritten list of subscribers by Mrs. C. E. Woolley, and photocopies of both documents.
- Extent: 2 folders (0.08 linear ft.)
- Creator: Hyde, Orson, 1805-1878
- Call Number: MSS SC 2959
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Orson Hyde letter must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 2959; Orson Hyde letter; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 2959, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Came in as part of a purchase of a larger group of financial manuscripts originally belonging to Samuel A. Woolley, Bishop of the Salt Lake City 9th ward. See case file for F. Edward Bennett.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; F. Edward Bennett.
- Subject Terms
- Hyde, Mary A. P. (Mary Ann Price), 1816-1900; Church Government; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Religion; Jerusalem; Salt Lake City (Utah)
- Genre / Form
- Processing Information
- Worksheet drafted by David J. Whittaker.
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hyde (Orson) letter
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-03-02T04:17-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Orson Hyde (January 8, 1805 - November 28, 1878) was born in Connecticut to Nathan Hyde and Sally Thorpe. He joined the LDS church in 1831, serving as an Apostle in the Church from 1835 until his death. He served a mission to Jerusalem from 1840 to 1842 to dedicate the land for the return of the Jews. He was later assigned by Brigham Young to preside in the Spring City, Utah area.
comments powered by Disqus