Jane Thompson life sketch
Jane Thompson life sketch
Dates: approximately 1998
Brief reminiscences of important experiences in her life, including singing with the 314th Army Special Service Band, 1945-1947; work with the Program Bureau and in related capacities at BYU, 1952-1984; service on the general board of the Young Women's Mutual Improvement Association of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1954-1970; and other experiences relating to music. Includes several photographic images.
- Extent: 17 leaves ; 28 cm.
- Creator: Thompson, Jane, 1921-2013
- Call Number: MSS SC 2967
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Jane Thompson life sketch must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 2967; Jane Thompson life sketch; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 2967, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Janie Thompson, the author, delivered her life sketch to University Archives, together with an autobiographical sketch, on 15 January 1999.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Janie Thompson; 1999
- Subject Terms
- Brigham Young University. Program Bureau; Lamanite Generation (Musical group); United States. Army--Songs and music; Young Ambassadors (Musical group); Young Women (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Genre / Form
- Autobiographies; Photographs
- Appraisal Information
- LDS, Utah, and Western American women (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.V, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Thompson (Jane) life sketch
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Rose Frank
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-03-02T04:05-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Director of Program Bureau and faculty member at Brigham Young University, 1952-1984. Founded the Young Ambassadors, 1970, and the Lamanite Generation, 1971.
comments powered by Disqus