Lorenzo Snow Lyman collection
Lorenzo Snow Lyman collection
Correspondence and certificates of Lorenzo S. Lyman and Lyman family papers. The correspondence deals with 19th and 20th century Utah politics; references to Brigham Young, Wilford Woodruff, Lorenzo Snow, the St. George Temple, and Utah mining and politics; Family History; family activities in various locations (San Bernardino, California and Fillmore and Parowan, Utah); and letters from Francis M. Lyman about being an apostle and travels (a visit to Egypt and Palestine in 1902). Certificates of Lorenzo S. Lyman's appointments as probate judge and election official in Iron County, Utah, are included.
- Extent: 1 microfilm reel. -- 1 folder (0.1 linear ft.)
- Creator: Lyman, Lorenzo Snow, 1851-1927
- Call Number: MSS SC 2976
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Microfilm copy is open without restriction (SCM 001 278). Access to original materials with permission from the supervisor of reference services.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Lorenzo Snow Lyman collection must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 2976; Lorenzo Snow Lyman collection; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 2976, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- The papers had been in possession of the donor's grandmother, Lucile Squires, daughter of Lorenzo Snow Lyman. After her death in 1979 the papers came into the possession of Lucile's son, Lyman E. Squires, who in turn gave them to James L. Barrett and his sister, Karen Czirban. They donated the originals to the LDS Church Historical Department in 1995. James L. Barrett donated the photocopies to Brigham Young University in 1999. The LDS Church Historical Department sent a microfilm copy of the collection to BYU with a cover letter dated 8 May 1996.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; James L. Barret; 1999.
- Other Finding Aids
- Item-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSSSC2976.xml
- Related Material
- Microfilm copy is open without restriction (SCM 001 278). Access to original materials with permission from the supervisor of reference services.
- Subject Terms
- Lyman family--Correspondence; Lyman, Francis M. (Francis Marion), 1840-1916--Correspondence; Lyman, Lorenzo Snow, 1851-1927--Correspondence; Snow, Lorenzo, 1814-1901; St. George Temple (Saint George, Utah); Woodruff, Wilford, 1807-1898; Young, Brigham, 1801-1877; Egypt--Description and travel; Feminists--United States--Correspondence; Fillmore (Utah); Home and Family; Iron County (Utah); Mines and mineral resources--Utah; Palestine--Description and travel; Parowan (Utah); San Bernardino (Calif.); Social Life and Customs; Utah--Politics and government--19th century; Utah--Politics and government--20th century
- Genre / Form
- Certificates; Family histories; Letters; Photocopies
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Lyman (Lorenzo Snow) collection
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Elisa Visick
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-03-02T04:16-0700
- Finding Aid Language
comments powered by Disqus