I remember when
I remember when
Autobiography details memories of his childhood in Salt Lake County, Utah; church service, including a Latter-day Saint Mission to the Central States, 1937-1939; attendance at BYU; service in the U.S. Navy during World War II; marriage; teaching LDS seminary in Logan and Salt Lake City, Utah; teaching LDS institute at University of Alberta (Canada) and Southern Utah University; employment at BYU; service as president of the Southwest Indian Mission; and service as president of Hawaii Temple Visitors' Center. Also contains significant information about his wife, Martha Afton Harris, their children, and other family members; and includes photographic images. Autobiographical sketch is included of his mother, Edith Mae Martin. Also inclues biographical sketches of his father, Ernest William Felt; grandfather, David Pile Felt; and great-grandparents, Mary Louise Pile, Nathaniel Henry Felt, and George Speirs.
- Extent: 1 item (345 p.)(0.15 linear ft.)
- Creator: Felt, Paul E., 1916-1999. -- Martin, Edith Mae, 1891-1974
- Call Number: MSS SC 2983
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from I remember when must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 2983; I remember when; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 2983, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Paul E. Felt passed away on 9 February 1999. His widow, Afton, gave a copy of his personal history to Brian Reeves on 9 March 1999, in response to the latter's request for documentation on Paul's life. The Archives previously received a copy of 13 pages from this autobiography (A98-208); the 13 pages were discarded.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; M. Afton Felt; 1999.
- Subject Terms
- Brigham Young University. Indian Education Department; Church Educational System (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Hawaii Temple (Laie, Hawaii); Religion; Home and Family; Missions and Missionaries; Mormonism (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints); Mormon Church--Missions--Central States; Mormon Church--Missions--Southwest, New; Mormons--Biography; Salt Lake County (Utah); Social Life and Customs; World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, American
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- I remember when
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benajmin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-03-02T04:04-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Paul E. Felt served in the following capacities at Brigham Young University: student body president, 1941-1942; student coordinator, 1957-1962; director of Indian Affairs, 1963-1971; College of Religion teacher, 1974-1981; and director of Israel semester abroad, 1980.
comments powered by Disqus