The hills of Bern
The hills of Bern
Dates: approximately 1978
Recounts her early life in Bern, Idaho; missionary service in New York in the Eastern States Mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, late 1920s; activities in Logan, Utah; and teaching school in Weber County, Utah. Includes reflections on polygamy. Her mother, Caroline Buehler, was a plural wife of Christian Kunz. Also includes mention of her mission president, B. H. Roberts. Contains information on her siblings and other family members, including her husbands, two of whom had preceded her in death.
- Extent: 1 folders (0.06 linear ft.) : 207 p.
- Creator: Cox, Zina Kunz Hatch Fuit, 1900
- Call Number: MSS SC 2996
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from The hills of Bern must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 2996; The hills of Bern; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 2996, LTPSC.
- Subject Terms
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Eastern States Mission; Kunz, Caroline Buehler, 1857-1947; Kunz, Christian, 1846-1931; Roberts, B. H. (Brigham Henry), 1857-1933; Bern (Idaho); Home and Family; Logan (Utah); Mormon missionaries--New York (State); Mormon women; Polygamy--Religious aspects--Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; Social Life and Customs; Teachers--Utah; Weber County (Utah)
- Genre / Form
- Autobiographies; Photocopies; Typescripts
- Appraisal Information
- LDS, Utah, and Western American women (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.V, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Hills of Bern
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-03-02T04:05-0700
- Finding Aid Language
comments powered by Disqus