Liu Yanping photographs
Liu Yanping photographs
Includes photographs of a Boston ballet company, an American modern ballet company, and a Houston ballet company performing in Shanghai-Meiqi, 1995 and 1996; Brigham Young University ballroom, folk, and other dance groups, and the Young Ambassadors, performing in Shanghai-Hong Pu, 1972, 1979, 1992, and 1995; an American look-alike performance troop in Shanghai-Hong Pu; Willard Scott, Bryant Gumble, and other NBC Television workers celebrating NBC's birthday in Shanhai-Hong Pu; and some unidentified persons. Most of the images are in color. A second folder contains biographical information about Liu Yanping, and five photocopied images of Richard Nixon.
- Extent: 1 box (0.5 linear ft.) : (1 v.)
- Creator: Yanping, Liu, 1945
- Call Number: MSS SC 3010
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; Photograph Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research. Kept in cold storage; requires 24 hour advance notice.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Liu Yanping photographs must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 3010; Liu Yanping photographs; Photograph Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 3010, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Photographer donated album to Brigham Young University by way of Michael J. Zhang, a BYU alumnus, in commemoration of the twenty-fifth anniversary of United States President Richard Nixon's visit to China in 1972.
- Acquisition Information
- Liu Yanping, c/o Mr. Michael J. Zhang, City of Industry, California; gift; 1998.
- Subject Terms
- Jiangsu Sheng (China); Shanghai (China); China--Foreign relations--United States; United States--Foreign relations--China; Young Ambassadors (Musical group)--Photographs; NBC Television Netowrk; Brigham Young University. Ballroom Dance Company--Photographs; International Folk Dance Ensemble--Photographs; Gumble, Bryant--Photographs; Scott, Willard--Photographs; Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994--Photographs; Yanping, Liu, 1945-
- Genre / Form
- Photograph albums; Photographs
- Physical Location
- L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah 84602.
- Appraisal Information
- Photographs (Photograph Archives).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Yanping (Liu) photographs
- Finding Aid Author
- Abe Austin
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2015-12-09 14:14:53 -0700.
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Biographical / Historical
Professional Chinese photographer and a head press photographer for Shanghai Television Station.
comments powered by Disqus