Describes being captured by the Japanese in the Philippines during World War II, the Bataan Death March, and his three and one-third years as a prisoner of war in the Philippines and Japan. Also included are two photographs of Poole in his military uniform and a note stating that his son later served in Japan as a missionary for the Mormon Church. Also on microfilm.
- Extent: 1 folder (0.04 linear ft.)
- Creator: Poole, Harold W.
- Call Number: MSS SC 3059
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Microfilm copy is open without restriciton. Access to original materials with permission from the supervisor of reference services.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from P.O.W. must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 3059; P.O.W.; 20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 3059, LTPSC.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Harold W. Poole; 2000.
- Subject Terms
- Bataan, Battle of, Philippines, 1942; Military; Politics, Government, and Law; World War, 1939-1945--Japan; World War, 1939-1945--Participation, Mormon; World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, American; World War, 1939-1945--Philippines; World War, 1939-1945--Prisoners and prisons, Japanese
- Genre / Form
- Autobiographies; Microfilms; Photocopies; Photographs; Typescripts
- Appraisal Information
- Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Andrea Wyss
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-03-02T04:05-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Mormon soldier stationed in the Philippines at the outbreak of World War II.
comments powered by Disqus