Wyview Park removal
Wyview Park removal
Primarily footage of removal of house trailers from Wyview Park, which had provided married-student housing at BYU. Trailers were sold to a developer. The park was built in 1971 at Barrett's suggestion, to replace Wyview Village. Footage, shot between April 5 and May 20, accompanied by Barrett's live narration. Footage also shows a trailer interior; and the BYU Poultry Farm, located next-door to the park. The park, located at 1999 North University Avenue in Provo, became the site for multiple-unit family student housing (permanent buildings) and was rededicated in 1998.
- Extent: 1 videocassette (0.07 linear ft.)
- Creator: Barrett, Bruce A. (Bruce Arnie), 1929
- Call Number: MSS SC 3065
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; University Archives; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Wyview Park removal must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 3065; Wyview Park removal; University Archives; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 3065, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- Donated by author in 2000.
- Acquisition Information
- Donated; Author; 2000.
- Subject Terms
- Wyview Park (Provo, Utah); Education; Student Life; Trailer camps
- Genre / Form
- Appraisal Information
- Office files (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Wyview Park removal
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Benjamin Sipes
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-03-02T04:28-0700
- Finding Aid Language
- Biographical Info:
Began employment at Brigham Young University as student manager of married student housing, 1956. Retired as director of Auxiliary Services, 1995.
comments powered by Disqus