Life of Emma Wright Dalley
Life of Emma Wright Dalley
Dates: approximately 1910
Photocopy of a microfilmed copy of a typed manuscript. The item is a biography of Emma Wright Dalley, "by her daughter, Mary E. Hulet and her granddaughter, Mary H. Coburn" on an unspecified date. "My mother, Emma Wright Dalley, was born in Hull, Yorkshire England, August 19, 1833." "When mother was fifteen, the family having joined the Latter-Day Saint Church some time before emigrated to America." She married James Dalley on 16 August 1850, "just three days before my mother's seventeenth birthday." "In the spring of 1852 they decided to go to Utah." They settled in Draper, Utah, and then in Pleasant Grove, Utah. They later moved to Cedar City, Utah, and Summit, Utah. The family lived in a cellar until a house could be built. "Mother was never very strong. Her children coming so fast and the constant hardships she had to meet were taking their toll of her strength, but I never heard her speak a complaining word." "She died October 24, 1875 in giving birth to a baby daughter who died a few months later."
- Extent: 1 folder (0.01 linear ft.) : 3 p.
- Creator: Coburn, Mary Hulet, 1882-1958. -- Hulet, Mary E.
- Call Number: MSS SC 3088
- Repository: L. Tom Perry Special Collections; 19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts; 1130 Harold B. Lee Library; Brigham Young University; Provo, Utah 84602; http://sc.lib.byu.edu/
- Access Restrictions: Open for public research.
- Languages and Scripts
- Conditions of Use
- It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Life of Emma Wright Dalley must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
- Preferred Citation
- Initial citation: MSS SC 3088; Life of Emma Wright Dalley; 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts; L. Tom Perry Special Collections, Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Following citations: MSS SC 3088, LTPSC.
- Custodial History
- This item is photocopied from the 920 microfilm collection.
- Subject Terms
- Dalley, Emma Wright, 1833-1875; Cedar City (Utah); Draper (Utah); Immigration and American Expansion; Mormon women--Utah--Cedar City; Mormon women--Utah--Draper; Mormon women--Utah--Pleasant Grove; Mormon women--Utah--Summit; Pioneers; Pleasant Grove (Utah); Summit (Utah)
- Genre / Form
- Biography; Photocopies
- Appraisal Information
- 19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Finding Aid ID Number
- Finding Aid Title
- Dalley (Emma Wright), Life of
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Garrett Schroath
- Finding Aid Creator
- This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2014-03-16T04:22-0600
- Finding Aid Language
comments powered by Disqus